It’s becoming somewhat of a tradition that when we’re headed to a new city for a trade show or industry event, we blog about a few of the local places we plan to check out. Now that NAED Eastern Region Conference is in full swing (did you catch the first two posts in our countdown?), here’s a list of a few things to do and see in Marco Island.
- CJ’s on the Bay: Good food and a great view? We’re in. Bonus: Free Wi-Fi!
- Fishing and Boating: With thousands of miles of shoreline, Marco Island boasts some of the best year-round fishing for a large number of different species of salt water fish.
- Mercato: Looking forward to exploring the shops, dining and entertainment housed here. Plus, love this 75+ page guide highlighting current attractions and local hot spots.
- Paradise Seafood and Gourmet Market: We’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about this Marco Island hidden gem. Fresh seafood is available in both “heat at home” and “ready-to-eat” styles, plus delicious dips, spreads and soups.
- South Marco Beach: Because a trip to Florida isn’t complete without dipping your toes in the water at least once.
- Snook Inn: Great things to be said about Snook Inn’s stellar salad bar, fresh fish and live entertainment. Word on the street says you’re bound to see dolphins swimming by.
- Vandy’s 5 Brothers: Need a break from seafood? Vandy’s has a large list of pizzas, pastas and more available for carryout, delivery or dining in.