If you’ve got time to squeeze in some non-conference sight-seeing, keep this list handy:
- Alice Cooperstown – Opened by Alice Cooper and featured on Man vs. Food? We’re definitely stopping here.
- Downtown Scottsdale – Heading out for dinner with the team but not sure which restaurant to try? Use Downtown Scottsdale’s restaurant finder and search by category (Steakhouse, Italian, Middle Eastern, etc.) for suggestions.
- Mill Avenue District (Downtown Tempe) – Mill Avenue boasts 100+ restaurants, clubs, and retail shops “in the Valley’s only true walkable district.” Check out these Foursquare tips for restaurant suggestions and deals.
- Phoenix Art Museum – Current exhibits highlight world religions and cultures, Frank Lloyd Wright and a visual tour of Arizona’s famous places and iconic symbols.
- Phoenix Food Trucks – From hot dogs and pizza to tacos and crepes, Phoenix’s 80+ food trucks are looking like a quick, delicious lunch option we’ll be trying in between activities. You can follow them all on Facebook and Twitter too.
- Rhythm Room – We’ve heard the Rhythm Room is home to some of the best blues singers in the Southwest. Perfect way to relax at the end of a busy day!
Photo credit: Al_HykesAZ