One of our philosophies here at Madison is that strong relationships are the key ingredient to loyal partnerships.
The first step in building those relationships? Networking.
Whether at an industry conference or lunch meeting with peers, networking opportunities are abundant — you just have to find them. And when you do, follow these 20 simple tips to make the most of your time:
- Be genuine
- Arrive early
- Ditch your sales pitch
- Don’t expect anything
- Ask open-ended questions
- Then listen
- Make it personal
- Be conversational
- Keep business cards ready
- Don’t dismiss anyone
- Don’t look over anyone’s shoulder
- Focus on helping other people, not yourself
- Take online connections offline
- Meet face-to-face, when possible
- If that’s not possible, use social media to stay in touch
- Don’t forget the people you already know
- Make networking a habit
- Go beyond your industry
- Follow up
What are your tips for networking and building stronger relationships? Let us know in the comments!