It’s no secret that Clevelanders love Cleveland. Being an extremely loyal city, it’s safe to say that we accept our flaws and proudly celebrate our successes. (Just ask any Browns or Cavaliers fan!)
Over the past few years, there have been a number of revitalization efforts in the land that we love. Cleveland has become a city that truly embraces innovation. We’ve become a passionate community of creators. A couple of our favorite examples:
- Great Lakes Brewing Company has returned to their roots (literally) for innovation with their partnership with Ohio City Farm.
- The Cleveland Clinic developed Cleveland Clinic Innovations (CCI), a research program that takes inventors and their ideas and turns them into patient-benefiting medical products and services.
- The Flats are back and better than ever! This evolution has created a home for new businesses and it is only the beginning of what’s to come.
- Our local colleges are home to a young community of creative practitioners, encouraging innovation with unique programs. Check out Case Western’s Think[Box] as an example we’ve got our eye on.
- Product innovation has made Cleveland home to many inventions. (Did you know Cleveland is home to the first electric street car, electric traffic light AND lifesavers candies?)
- Iron Chef and star on ABC’s The Chew, Michael Symon, is a proud Clevelander who adds to the city’s culinary renaissance.
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame preserves the impact rock has made on the world, exhibiting the story of rock with innovative musicians being inducted every year.
- And last but not least…we have to give a shout out to our personal favorite Cleveland innovator, Earl Atkinson, who founded Madison in 1929. (Learn more about his legacy here!)
As we improve with new technologies and innovations, we remain true to our humble roots. A lot has progressed in the city we call home, but our passion to be genuine partners has remained the same throughout the years. If you have an innovative idea, let us help you make it a reality. (Submit your product idea here!)
Do you have further proof that Cleveland is embracing innovation? Share what you would add to the list in the comments below!